Sunday, April 18, 2010

The sound of spring has waken me this morning. The birds are singing and the temperatures have been heating up steadily over the last week or so. I am almost done with the Spring 2010 session of school. I feel quite content with the way that aspect of my life is going. I will be attending the Summer session this year. I am taking two classes that sound very interesting and am wondering what I can squeeze in for the fall semester.

Let's see. I am 3x years old.. I mean young but I sure don't feel it. I have much on my young mind these days regarding when I should transfer. The school I go to has the classes I need at their main campus while I commute to a satellite center. I do not particularly want to live on the main campus. Been there done that. My other option is to move to the city and take the classes at a different college. The pros would be independence, proximity to school, and establishing a life away from home... sober this time.

I am somewhat shocked that I have won a scholarship. I had been looking at scholarships and grants trying to figure out how I will be able to make it through school. The business woman in me has been making a little money on the side but only enough to pay for the bare necessities.

It's tough!

I saw a bulletin the school had left in my email so I figured why not? I printed out an application and wrote an essay about my future plans and why I could use that scholarship. Pretty much a "no brainer." :)

I recently ran into the man who sent me to Iron Working Training two weeks ago at a local office. I passed a man in the hallway and he sure was staring. I was thinking "Are my boobs that noticeable???" I had a realization and was like, "Hiiii. Mr. X! I'm SO sorry I didn't recognize you."

Yeah. It was an awkward moment. He and I chatted for a minute and apparently the union is still reeling over the recession we had two years ago. I told him I was back in school and am loving it. We shook hands, said our goodbyes, he wished me luck, and parted ways then.

I know. I'm SO serious these days. I suppose encroaching accumulation of years and a need to finish all the things I have started are prompting me. Not being serious would reduce me to a clown... I do not want to be a clown. I think I've already acquired an Ph.D in that field anyway.

I have an appointment this week with two school officials who will grill and fry me.. maybe sautee. I will do my best to be the most congenial and impressionable lady for them!

So that's my State of the Flea Market for now. Happy Sundays people and take care.

No comments: